Each year independent publishers release extraordinary books to little or no recognition. The Eric Hoffer Book Award recognizes excellence in publishing. A single gives you five ways to win: genre, press, the Montaigne Medal, the da Vince Eye, and the Hoffer grand prize. The least expensive way to promote your book is with point-of-sale award recognition and international press coverage.
Deadline: January 21
Awards and Benefits:
- $1,500 grand prize, the Eric Hoffer Award for Books
- Winner of the Montaigne Medal for most thought-provoking books
- Winner of the da Vinci Eye for best cover
- Winner and First Runner-Up awarded for every category
- Honorable Mentions for every category
- Individual Awards for Micro, Small, and Academic Presses, as well as Self-Published Books
- Coverage in The US Review of Books, in the annual anthology Best New Writing, and on the Eric Hoffer website
- Gold Seal Certificates
- Worldwide Exposure
Why is the Eric Hoffer Award Unique?
- Low entrance fee ($45)
- Montaigne Medal (for most thought-provoking book)
- da Vinci Eye (for superior cover art)
- Categories in all book genres
- Legacy categories for any book older than two years
- Coverage in the US Review of Books
- Coverage in Best New Writing
- Recognition with one of America’s premier philosophers, Eric Hoffer
Awards are open to academic, independent, small press, and self-published books that were released or copyrighted in the last 2 years, including unique books with small print runs.
Go to the Eric Hoffer Award website for more details.