The Texas Book Festival is marking its 15th year, and the lineup of authors for the big event Oct. 16-17 at the State Capitol in Austin is another powerhouse list. Among the highlights:
- Former First Lady Laura Bush, the Festival’s honorary chair
- Pulitzer prize-winners Eugene Robinson and Michael Cunningham
- The Food Network’s Alton Brown
- NPR’s Michele Norris
- Novelists Jennifer Egan and Joyce Maynard
- Children’s authors T. A. Barron, Michael Buckley, Meg Cabot, Matt de la Peña, and Cynthia Leitich Smith
- Texas authors Justin Cronin, Jake Silverstein, Robert Bryce, Debra Monroe, Antonya Nelson, and S.C. Gwynne — among many more!
- And someone WLT members will recognize: Our very own Bethany Hegedus will be debuting her new middle-grade novel, Truth with a Capital T.
That’s just a few of the 226 authors! For the full lineup, click here. And be sure to tell us which authors YOU’RE most excited about!
The Writers’ League is sponsoring a few of the visiting authors and hosting a couple of special events — stay tuned for news on who and what!