In celebration of Thanksgiving tomorrow, we want to know the top 5 things that everyone is grateful for! Please post your list to the comments so everyone can see for what you’re thankful.
Here’s what we at the WLT office are thankful for!
- My family and friends (I’m especially thankful that my sister and mother will be here for Thanksgiving!)
- Creativity and imagination
- Living in Austin, one of the best creative communities anywhere
- Books, books, and more books
- The Cavalier girls Consuelo and Violet and Dini the cat (they may be last, but they’re definitely not least!).
- Starbucks hot chocolate (It’s my #1 craving.)
- A healthy baby girl on the way
- My supportive and wonderful family
- Old Navy maternity clothes (cheap, cute, & comfortable!)
- A great group of girlfriends that I’ve collected over many years in many cities.
- Being welcomed into the supportive and productive Austin Children’s & YA writing community and the WLT family.
- My newest nephew, Dylin, and all my nieces and nephews.
- My latest novel, Truth with a Capital T, debuting at the Texas Book Festival.
- My health and well-being.
- The sale of Grandfather Gandhi to Atheneum/Simon & Schuster.
- Her two astonishing children, who remind her daily that life is best lived when it’s full of belly laughs, apple cider and goldfish crackers
- Her husband, whose insistence on honesty, integrity and whole-hearted commitment to a project keep her feet to the fire
- Hot chocolate, spiked with a little cayenne
- The bounty of our local farms, which make our Saturday mornings a ritualistic celebration of the bounty of our region
- Her friends, who have their grubby little paws in some very exciting pies.
- Finishing my second marathon and qualifying for the Boston Marathon!
- Having only ONE semester until I graduate from The University of Texas (although this is also quite terrifying!)
- Having the best friends and family there is!
- It’s almost winter break time (whew…who thought I’d make it through this semester)
- My great job at the Writers’ League