Happy Friday, everyone! Here’s some of our latest news to start your weekend off right:
NEW WRITERS GUILD IN CYPRESS, TX
A new writers guild will be starting in June in Cypress, Texas, a NE suburb of Houston. Meetings will be held at the Lonestar College Library (Cyfair Campus) in room 215. They are scheduled on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:30 p.m. every Tuesday commencing June 14th through August, then the second Tuesday of every month. Meetings at Lonestar College Library are free and open to the public – membership is not required. Check out the website for more details: cyfairwritersguild.org. Questions? Contact Bill Etter at email@example.com.
CALL FOR ENTRIES: AESTHETICA CREATIVE WORKS COMPETITION
The 2011 Aesthetica Creative Works Competition is now open for entries! Aesthetica Magazine is inviting all artists, photographers, writers and poets to submit their work into the Creative Works Competition, Now in its fourth year, the competition is dedicated to celebrating and championing creative talent across the disciplines and welcomes entries from writers working in short fiction and poetry.
The Competition has three categories, Artwork & Photography, Poetry and Fiction.
* Winners and finalists are published in the Aesthetica Creative Works Annual.
* Winners of each category receive £500 prize money (apx. $800) plus other prizes.
* Entry to the Creative Works Competition is £10 (apx. $15).
* The entry fee allows the submission of 2 images, 2 poems or 2 short stories.
* The deadline for submissions is the 31st August 2011.
* More guidelines on how to submit can be found online at http://www.aestheticamagazine.com/submission_guide.htm