Volunteering at an in-person event is a great way to get to know the WLT community, including the staff, the board of directors, and fellow members. Our volunteer opportunities are available to current members only and upcoming opportunities can be found below. If you’re interested in volunteering (or if you have any questions about anything detailed here), reach out to us at email@example.com or call us at 512-499-8914. .
2021 Agents & Editors Conference
The WLT will host its annual Agents & Editors Conference in Austin, TX, the weekend of September 17-19, 2021. We’re looking for volunteers to work throughout the event weekend (each volunteer will be assigned two 4-hour shifts). The event begins on Friday at 11 a.m. and ends on Sunday at 2 p.m. Duties may include: Greeting and directing attendees to venue rooms, helping at the registration table, working the door at conference events, assisting at breakout sessions, assisting at keynote signing tables, answering questions at the WLT information table, assisting staff with on-site tasks, and more.
SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT VOLUNTEERING AT THE A&E CONFERENCE:
• Volunteers must be available for the entire weekend (from start of event to finish) in order to be eligible.
• Volunteers will need to be current members of the WLT through the dates of the conference.
• Volunteers will have access to conference programming when they are not working (including the evening receptions). They will also be able to purchase a ticket to the Keynote Luncheon, as space allows.
• Volunteers are not eligible for one-on-one consultations with agents and editors (those are for conference registrants only).
• Volunteers will be asked to help out in the WLT office (4 hours at the most) ahead of the conference as we prep materials and will be required (if volunteering at the event for the first time) to attend an orientation at the conference venue the week before.
• Volunteers will be responsible for any personal expenses incurred at the event (including parking at the conference venue).