When you join the Writers’ League of Texas, you join a community of writers committed to honing their craft, exploring the business side of writing, and building connections with fellow writers and industry experts. What’s more, you support the work the WLT is doing in communities across Texas, including free craft presentations in rural libraries and free author presentations in public schools. The WLT has been supporting writers in Texas and beyond since 1981. That support comes in the form of programs and special events, marketing and networking opportunities, annual contests, large and small public events, access to publishing industry professionals, and much more. While all of our programs and events are available to members and non-members, membership comes with exclusive benefits and services tailored for writers at every stage of their writing careers, whether just getting started or about to publish their second (or third or fourth or…) book.
WLT members enjoy exclusive benefits and services including:
- Discounts on all WLT programs. Our members save $60 or more on every class or event registration (which means buying one registration makes back your membership fee and saves you at least $10!).
- Exclusive early registration to the annual Agents & Editors Conference and annual Summer Writing Retreat.
- Our members are able to register for our two biggest events early with a special discounted rate that is exclusive to them.
- Free 30-minute one-on-one consultations with staff every month.
- Our members can sign up for Open Office Hours appointments every second Wednesday of the month, an opportunity to talk with staff about anything and everything related to the writing life.
- Discounts at independent bookstores around Texas. Our members are eligible for discounts of 10% or more on purchases at bookstores in Alpine, Austin, Dallas, and Houston, with more stores to come.