Wanna know what it means to be a member of the Writers’ League?
Q: Remind me, what are my member benefits?
A: Member Benefits include:
- WLT members have access to the website’s Member Dashboard, including access to and a listing in the Member Directory, special promotions and resources for writers, & more.
- WLT members receive steep discounts on all paid programming, a savings of $60 on every registration. This includes online classes, the annual Agents & Editors Conference, and the annual Summer Writing Retreat.
- WLT members are eligible for monthly Open Office Hours, the chance to have a 30-minute consultation with our experienced staff to talk about any and all writerly questions or concerns.
- WLT members are invited to promote and sign their books at the WLT booth at special in-person events, including the Texas Book Festival every Fall and the San Antonio Book Festival every Spring.
- WLT members are invited to submit news items for the monthly Member Mailer.
- WLT members are invited to be interviewed for our Meet the Members column on our blog, Scribe.
- WLT members have access to special Members Only events throughout the year, including monthly Member Meet-Ups, game and movie nights, & more.
For additional information, please reference our about page for Membership.
Q: How do I submit member news?
A: To submit your news, fill out this form. Announcements should adhere to the following guidelines: third-person, starting with your first and last name, followed by your city of residence, maximum 50 words. We may edit your announcement for style and clarity.
Q: How do I request an Open Office Hours appointment?
A: Open Office Hours take place on the Second Wednesday of each month, and consist of a 30 minute consultation with a WLT staff member. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a time slot.
Q: How do I request a Meet the Members interview?
A: You can fill out this form to enter the queue for Meet the Members, we will reach out to you once we post yours!
Q: What if my question isn’t answered here?
A: Feel free to reach out to our Member Services team at email@example.com. We’ll be happy to help! Also, join us at our next New Member Orientation, we’ll give an overview of Membership and will answer any questions you have! RSVP here.